No products in the cart
Safety Chain Kits incl Chain, Hammerlock and Holder
Safety Chain, Hammerlock and Holder Kit's include:
- One set to suit trailers up to 2.5t.
- Trailers over 2.5t require two sets.
Note: Galvanised chains and shackles are illegal on all trailers over 3.5t.
It is essential to remember
- No chain welding over 2.5t
- No chain welding below the chassis rails.
Trailers up to 2.5 tonnes ATM must have at least one safety chain complying with AS 4177.4 - 1994 (Trailer and light trailer towing components – Safety chains up to 3.5 tonnes capacity), or as amended from time to time.
- more than 3.5 tonnes ATM,
- all medium and heavy category pig trailers with rigid drawbars,
- any other trailers without breakaway brakes
- and all fixed and rigid pig trailers with a GTM higher than 2.5 tonnes and fitted with automatic pin-type couplings,
Must be equipped with safety chains.
Purchase attachments for Dee Shackles
- Rated Bow Shackles – 4WD
- Rated Dee Shackle
- Dee Shackles and Safety Chains
- Safety Chain Holder for Aluminium Chassis
- Safety Chain Holder to 3.5t
- Hammerlock to suit Galvanised Safety Chain
Finally, Key Points
- 10mm Chain Holders can be welded to trailers up to 2.5t
- Safety Chain must be affixed to holders via a Hammerlock or Cam Lock
- Dee Shackles are prohibited for use when securing a safety chain to a trailer
|Dimensions||10 × 10 × 20 cm|
|Sizes & Ratings|
2.5t (10mm), 3.5t (13mm)