No products in the cart
G80 Hammerlock Safety Chain High Tensile Connector
G80 Hammerlock connector to suit galvanised 8mm, 10mm and 13mm safety chain. Use a hammerlock to join your trailer chain or to lengthen your chain.
The safety chain is connected to the caravan or trailer chassis rail by a hammerlock connector.
- 8mm - 2t Hammerlock
- 10mm - 3.15t Hammerlock
- 13mm - 5.3t Hammerlock
The trailer chain hammerlocks above are not interchangeable with different size chain. For example, a 2t Hammerlock will not fit a 10mm chain.
Hammerlock Shackles fit
Is your trailer or caravan chain too short?
- Cut the trailer chain from your chassis rail, leaving one welded link on the chassis.
- Install a new piece of rated galvanised 10mm longer chain. This chain is 64cm long; click here.
- Connect the hammerlock to the new chain and the welded link on the chassis rail.
What you cannot do
- Join shackles until you reach the desired length.
- Insert un-rated links
Galvanised chains and shackles are illegal on all trailers OVER 3.5t.
Purchase Galvanised and G80 Safety Chain here
- Galvanised Safety Chain - 64cm Long.
- Safety Chain Holder
It is essential to remember
- No chain welding over 2.5t
- No welding chain links below the chassis rails.
Note: The welded chain link is not rated. The welded chain is considered a link or a chain holder.
Trailers up to 2.5 tonnes ATM must have at least one safety chain complying with AS 4177.4 - 1994 Trailer and light trailer towing components – Safety chains up to 3.5 tonnes capacity, or as amended from time to time. This standard allows for steel safety chains by the following:
- Up to 1.0 tonne, a chain size of 6.3 mm;
- Up to 1.6 tonnes, a chain size of 8 mm;
- Up to 2.5 tonnes, a chain size of 10 mm.
Trailers over 2.5 and up to 3.5 tonnes ATM must have two safety chains complying with AS4177.4 - 1994 or as amended from time to time. This standard allows for steel safety chains by the following:
• Up to 3.5 tonnes, a chain size of 13 mm.
The fitting of safety chains to trailers with a Gross Trailer Mass GTM greater than 2.0 tonnes and fitted with a brake system that automatically applies if the caravan becomes detached from the towing vehicle, is optional.
However, trailers in excess of 3.5 tonnes ATM, all medium and heavy category pig trailers with rigid drawbars, any other trailers without breakaway brakes and all fixed and inflexible pig trailers with a GTM higher than 2.5 tonnes and fitted with automatic pin-type couplings, must be equipped with safety chains in accordance with the information contained in AIS Information Sheet 12b – Safety Chain Requirements.
Hammerlock to suit Galvanised Safety Chain
|Dimensions||3 × 5 × 12 cm|
8mm, 13mm, 10mm