No products in the cart
Hydraulic Disc Brake Pad
Hydraulic disc brake pad fits all brands of Australian trailer brakes including Al-ko, Trojan and Meher.
Pads are sold separately. Also available are stainless disc pads from Trojan.
Hydraulic pads installation process
- Remove caliper from the mounting bracket
- Remove the disc pads from the caliper.
- With the pads removed, check the piston for wear and tear.
- As a precaution have a seal kit on hand.
- If you have a compressor, blow air down the hydraulic fluid input hole. This will push the piston out.
- Inspect the piston and replace it if necessary. If the piston is stuck inside the caliper, a hammer and pointed drift will be needed to remove the piston.
- You will need to destroy the piston to remove it if it has swollen.
- Replace the piston with a stainless piston. Purchase from the link below
- Use silicone grease when re-installing. Normal grease does not mix with hydraulic fluid.
- With the piston installed, re-insert the disc pads.
Alternatively, your local trailer specialists will do all this work above for around $1000 for a tandem axle trailer.
Find more caliper parts below
|Dimensions||6 × 2 × 13 cm|