No products in the cart
Polyurethane Trailer Spring Bush
Polyurethane spring bush to suit most springs with a width of 45mm to 60mm, including galvanised boat trailer slipper springs. Couplemate bushes are a precision fit.
Loose-fitting bushes are unsafe and cause unnecessary movements of spring and shackle plates. It can be challenging to find a spring bush suitable for the purpose.
As a result, Couplemate now manufactures its polyurethane bushes to its precise specifications. as follows
- Good fit both externally and internally.
- The material should not chatter or chip upon insertion.
- Shackle bolts should not be loose inside the nylon bush.
- Your bush should be a tight fit inside your spring.
Caravan and Trailer Spring Bushs are available in the following sizes
- 1/2 ID x 7/8 OD x 45mm Long
- 9/16 ID x 7/8 OD x 45mm Long
- 9/16 ID x 3/4 OD x 45mm Long
- 5/8 ID x 7/8 OD x 45mm Long
- 1/2 ID x 3/4 OD x 45mm Long
- 5/8 ID x 7/8 OD x 60mm Long
Polyurethane bushes are popular because they are self-lubricating and hard-wearing. As a precautionary measure, replace shackle bolts when replacing bushes.
Check your shackle bolts for wear during your pre-trip inspections.
TIP: Replacing your old bush is easy. Place the new bush on top of the old bush and knock the new bush in with a hammer.
All of your bushes, bolts and shackle plates are easy to replace, providing you have the right parts. These types of trailer parts can be challenging to locate.
In some cases, owners may wish to insert steel bushes and switch to a greaseable shackle system. New hardened steel bushes are available from our Couplemate retail store.
Finally, spring bushes, shackle bolts, and plates that fit 45mm wide springs are all subject to vibration fatigue.
|Dimensions||3 × 6 × 6 cm|
|Select Bush Size|
1/2 x 3/4 x 45mm, 1/2 x 7/8 x 45mm, 9/16 x 3/4 x 45mm, 9/16 x 7/8 x 45m, 5/8 x 7/8 x 45mm, 5/8 x 7/8 x 60mm