No products in the cart
5/8 inch UNF Shackle Pin or Bolt for Caravan and Trailer
5/8 inch UNF shackle pin or bolt shackle bolts for caravans and trailers sold are high tensile 5/8 inch with Nyloc Nuts.
How do I measure my shackle bolt?
Measure from the tip of the thread to the underside of the hex head.
Sizes on offer
- 5/8 inch Non Greasable Short - 3.5 inch to suit 45mm tandem rocker centre bolt
- 5/8 inch Greasable Short - 3.5 inch to suit 45mm tandem rocker centre bolt
- 5/8 inch Greasable - 4 inch to suit Rocker Roller Springs
- 5/8 inch Non Greasable - 4 inch to suit Rocker Roller Springs
- 5/8 inch Greasable - 4.25 inch to suit Rocker Roller Springs
- 5/8 inch Greasable Long - 4.5 inch
Non-greaseable bolts fit inside a self-lubricating nylon bush and do not need grease. If your springs have nylon bushes, it is not advisable to change your pin to greaseable.
The knurl under the head has a particular purpose. The knurl locks into the shackle plate to help prevent the bolt from spinning during spring compressions. Broken welds are a good sign the bolts need replacement.
The knurl is welded onto the shackle plate on standard tandem and outback trailer springs to stop the bolt from turning. With a rotating bolt in the shackle plate, wear significantly increases.
How to tighten suspension bolts.
- Tighten the bolt until home.
- Back off 1/4 turn.
- You need a small space between your shackle plates and spring; otherwise, you will develop an annoying squeak.
- This squeak is due to no tolerance between shackle plates and spring.
|Dimensions||6 × 6 × 6 cm|
3.5 inch Non Greaseable, 4 inch Non Greaseable, 4.25 inch Non Greaseable, 4.5 inch Non Greaseable, 3.5 inch Greaseable, 4 inch Greaseable, 4.25 inch Greaseable, 4.5 inch Greaseable