No products in the cart
9/16 inch Shackle Bolts for Caravan and Trailer
9/16 inch shackle bolts for 45mm caravan and trailer springs are 9/16 inch high tensile.
Suits 45mm eye-to-eye shackle springs.
How do I measure my shackle bolt?
Measure from the tip of the thread to the underside of the hex head.
- 9/16 inch Non-Greasable - 3.5" [Supplied with Zinc Nyloc Nut]
- 9/16 inch Greasable - 3.5" [Supplied with Zinc Nyloc Nut]
Worn Tandem Hangers (5/8" or 16mm)
Yes, there is a fix for this problem.
- Standard hangers use a 3.5-inch shackle bolt, measured from under the head to the thread's top.
- Cut the head off a centre hanger leaving 2 x halves left.
- Use a 4-inch shackle bolt and bolt the two halves over the existing hanger.
- Weld the two 1/2 plates over the old worn hangers.
- The problem is now fixed.
Sizes on offer
- 1/2" Case Hardened - 3.5"
- 9/16" Non-Greasable - 3.5"
- 9/16" Greasable - 3.5"
- 5/8" Greasable Short - 3.5" to suit 45mm tandem rocker centre bolt
- 16mm Non-Greasable - 100mm to suit standard tandem 60mm springs
- 16mm Greasable - 100mm to suit Alko Rocker Roller and Outback Springs
- 5/8" Greasable - 4.25" to suit Manutec Rocker Roller Springs
- 5/8" Greasable Long - 4.50"
- 18mm Rocker Roller - 100mm
- 18mm - Standard Tandem - 100mm (Al-ko Standard Tandem 710 springs)
- 20mm - 100mm
The 16mm Greaseable Bolt suits various leaf springs where a situation of metal on metal exists. For example, rocker springs and outback springs have a metal roller or bush that requires a greaseable bolt.
Non-greaseable bolts fit inside a self-lubricating nylon bush and do not need grease. If your springs have nylon bushes, it is not advisable to change your pin to greaseable.
The knurl under the head has a particular purpose. The knurl locks into the shackle plate to help prevent the bolt from spinning during spring compressions. Broken welds are a good sign the bolts need replacement.
The knurl is welded onto the shackle plate on standard tandem and outback trailer springs to stop the bolt from turning. With a rotating bolt in the shackle plate, wear significantly increases.
How to tighten suspension bolts.
- Tighten 16mm x 100mm greaseable bolt until home.
- Back off 1/4 turn.
- You need a small space between your shackle plates and spring; otherwise, you will develop an annoying squeak.
- This squeak is due to no tolerance between shackle plates and spring.
|Dimensions||2 × 10 × 10 cm|
3.5 inch Non-Greaseable, 3.5 inch Greaseable