No products in the cart
60mm Galvanised Rocker Roller Springs is the Best Solution for Heavy Boat Trailers
60mm Galvanised Rocker Roller Springs and accessories are 60mm wide durable tandem springs for the long haul, suitable for boat trailers.
There is a choice of Dacroment or Galvanised springs; this choice is yours. Why choose galvanised springs?
- The rating of a Galvanised spring is calculated by depressing the spring camber after the galvanising process.
- Dacromet springs can be scratched as a result of an accident and rust. Dacroment is a sprayed coating.
- Galvanised springs are not prone to scratching from sticks and stones.
- The hot-dip galvanising process alters the surface area of the spring making them more robust to corrosion.
Broken rocker roller spring? Fear not, replacement single springs are available.
- Listed price for two complete sides of galvanised rocker roller springs to suit 4 wheels.
- Hot-dip galvanising of the highest quality.
- Tested and rated after galvanising.
- Steel roller bushes.
- Heavy Duty.
- Leaves are positioned to equalise load and shock loading events.
- Suit boat trailers.
Boat galvanised rocker roller springs are 60mm wide, suitable for tandem axles and one of the best investments for your suspension system.
How so? Well, 60mm springs twist less, are more robust, and withstand shock loading events like potholes, railway lines, cattle grids and corrugations, to name a few.
If you are considering 45mm springs and a cheaper suspension system, you will need to think about whether your trailer will be susceptible to some harsh conditions or it will just be a run-around town trailer.
Kit includes everything you see in the photo x 2. The springs and centre rocker are galvanised whereas the hangers are plain steel for welding.
A Tandem setup with 60mm wide springs provides a ride between Air suspension and standard rocker suspension. Robust for the long-haul, suitable for horse floats, livestock and other trailers where a softer ride is required.
Heavier loads will require light truck tyres only to be used due to the higher tyre rating.
The installation of U Bolts may be more scientific 16mm ElectroGal U-bolt Kits than you think.
- Semi-tighten the nylocks.
- The next important step is the correct wheel alignment.
- Put a straight edge across the outside of the tandem wheelset. The straight edge should touch the wheels in 4 places.
- Tap axles until the straight edge indicate the wheels are straight.
- Tighten nylocks but do not bend the fish plate.
- Important: re-tighten nylocks after 300 kilometres, you will find a min of 1/4 turn on each nylock.
- Why? Mild steel will stretch after the initial installation. After a re-tighten, there will be no more stretching under normal loads.
- 60mm x 7mm
- Eye to Eye length 687mm
- Free Camber 117mm
- Shackle Bolt Diameter 16mm
- Main Rocker Shackle Bolt 18mm
- Bush Dimensions 16mm x 22mm x 60mm
Full range of Rocker Roller springs ratings
- 5 Leaf - 2000kg on 14" Wheels
- 6 Leaf - 2500kg on 14" Wheels
- 7 Leaf - 3000kg on 14" Wheels
- 6 Leaf - 2500kg on 16" Wheels
- 7 Leaf - 3000kg on 16" Wheels
- 8 Leaf - 3500kg on 16" wheels
- 9 Leaf - 4000kg on 16" wheels
Galvanised Rocker Roller Springs can vary from 1mm to 5mm. The best installation method is as follows:
- Weld the Center bracket into position and connect the centre rocker and attach springs to the centre rocker.
- Install front and back spring hanger brackets onto the springs.
- Stretch the front spring as far as it will go and tack it onto your chassis rail.
- Stretch back spring as far as it will go and tack-weld onto your frame.
Galvanised Rocker Roller Springs
|Dimensions||13 × 50 × 100 cm|
|Select Spring Size|
5 Leaf – 14" Wheels, 6 Leaf – 14" Wheels, 7 Leaf – 14" Wheels, 5 Leaf – 16" Wheels, 6 Leaf – 16" Wheels, 7 Leaf – 16" Wheels, 8 Leaf – 16" Wheels, 9 Leaf – 16" Wheels