Caravan Sway Control and Loom
$995.50 inc GST
Free Shipping for a Limited Time
1 in stock
BMPRO Caravan Sway Control Monitor
Sway control from BMPRO is an excellent proactive electronic stability control for caravans. Trailer sway is automatically stabilised in most destabilisation events.
Please note: This component must be Installed by a Suitably Qualified Person.
Caravan electronic Sway control is the latest technology replacing weight distribution systems. Note: Please ensure your caravan is balanced and has the correct ball weight on the tow bar.
What is the difference between electronic sway controllers?
Manual sway controllers brake the left and the right side brakes simultaneously. The BMPRO trailer sway control applies brakes or creates resistance on the LEFT or RIGHT side, depending upon sway characteristics.
Sway control is engaged when the caravan moves out of the line of travel. In other words, sway to the left side or the right-hand side.
Watch the video from Channell 7 News and learn how to prevent caravan rollovers. Caravan rollover was reported on 7 News Monday, 5 August 2019, at 5:28 pm. For more on this story, click this link.
The subject of towing safety is on everybody's minds with the most recent caravan rollover incident in North Queensland and with the Caravan Industry Association of Australia launching the towing guide earlier this year.
Friction sway controllers, caravan anti-sway bars and mechanical sway control help prevent trailer sway but are they essential?
What are the caravan sway controller settings?
The BMPRO caravan sway controller is fully automated and requires no adjustments.
Caravan Sway Control Works
Sway Control distinguishes between safe maneuvering and dangerous caravan sway that does not require driver intervention.
With independent control of left and right-hand side caravan braking systems and continual closed-loop feedback, the SwayControl quickly and effectively applies the braking force needed to correct caravan sway.
Use in conjunction with your favourite tow hitch.
Further, BMPRO® sway control systems reduce sway from low tyre pressures on vehicle and trailer and provide more stability to the tow vehicle for highway road conditions.
Note: SwayControl automatically disengages when used in offroad conditions.
Monitor Key Features
- Automatically adjusts the braking level (proportional control)
- Automatic system disabling driving in off-road conditions
- The left and right brakes activate independently
- Fully sealed, waterproof, 100% tested for reliability
- Wired directly into the electric brake system by your auto electrician.
- Suitable for up to 4 axle trailers and caravans
- Power - 12V
- Power Source - Caravan Battery
- Dimensions - 55 x 89 x 146
- Sleep Mode - 30 mins inactivity
- Wake mode - Brake Control Signal
- Pre-programming - No
- Auto System Disable (ASD) - Yes
- ASD Detect - 5 Seconds
- Off-Road deactivate - Automatic
- Braking Level Adjustment - Automatic
- Braking Levels - Independent Left / Right
- Maintenance - Nil
- Warranty - 2 years
- Status indicator - LED
Sway controllers do not compensate for a towing vehicle that is too light, an unbalanced caravan or a lack of weight distribution from a tow ball.
Coupler weight safe scales are the best solution for correct weight distribution.
Please note that BMPRO recommends an Authorised Auto Electrician only install sway controllers.
Click the link above to go to the CIL page.
Find the full range of BMPRO products below
- 100A Bluetooth Smartphone Battery Management Monitor
- Battery Check Pro use with Smartphone
- BatteryplusII HA 35A Battery Management System
- Batteryplus II SI 35A Battery Management System
- BC300 plus Commlink – BMPRO
- Caravan Smart Temperature – Bluetooth
- Control Node 103
- Drifter Caravan Battery Management Display Only
- Genius DC Power Supply
- J35 Control Battery Monitor Display Unit
- J35 Battery Management System
- JHub RV Control Panel
- Lithium Battery Charger
- LPG Gas Monitor Smartsense Bluetooth
- MiniBoost DC-DC Smart Battery Charger
- ProSmart Bluetooth Sensor Monitor
- Odyssey Battery Management System
- Odyssey Link 103
- Trailcheck Dashboard Breakaway LED Monitor
- TrailSafe Bluetooth Breakaway Switch
- Trek3 Display RV Battery Monitor
- Water Tank Level Sensor
Finally, Couplemate Trailer Parts is a Queensland retailer for BMPRO.
Caravan Electronic Sway Control Monitor BMPRO
|Dimensions||15 × 35 × 35 cm|