No products in the cart
12-inch Dexter Aftermarket Electric Backing Plate optional Highway or Off-Road Magnets
12-inch Dexter aftermarket electric backing plate drum brake assembly suits Al-ko, Dexter, and VC 2t and 3t brake hub drums.
These robust backing plates are among the best aftermarket and most reliable brakes available. Additionally, they are made for Australian conditions.
Complete replacement of backing plates is often a better option than replacing worn components.
You may be unaware of other parts in your backing plate near the end of life. Replacing an entire backing plate is a relatively straightforward procedure.
Please note: Couplemate installs off-road magnets into standard backing plates. OEM off-road does not exist. The magnet lever is machined to accept the off-road magnet,
Off-road magnets do not automatically fit Dexter or Aftermarket backing plates. This type of backing plate is not made for Australian off-road conditions.
Therefore, if you plan to travel over corrugated or unsealed roads, it is best to have off-road magnets fitted to your electric brakes.
Review a full list of electric brake parts below:
- 10-inch Electric Backing Plate
- 10-inch Offroad Electric Backing Plate
- 12-inch Electric Backing Plate
- 12-inch Off-Road Electric Backing Plate
- 10″ Electric Brake Magnet
- 10-inch Off-Road Brake Magnet
- 12-inch Electric Brake Magnet
- 12-inch Off-Road Brake Magnet
- Select from Highway or Off-Road magnets
- The left-hand side is the passenger's side
- The right-hand side is the driver's side
- Premium off-road electric drum brake kit has a 2,500kg rating per pair
- We recommend installing the hand brake mechanism on the TOP side of the backing plate. (noon)
Install Use 6mm to 10mm trailer cable for electric trailer brakes. Note: A larger cable significantly reduces voltage loss and improves braking performance.
- 6mm Electric cable measures the cross-sectional area.
- 10mm Automotive cable measures the circumference.
Do not wire electric brakes across the axle. Install wiring down each chassis rail separately to resolve voltage losses.
The wiring of electric brakes made easy provides excellent information on tips and tricks.
How to Choose the Correct Model Parking Brake Lever
- Al-ko model is horizontal.
- Dexter's model is vertical.
|Dimensions||10 × 35 × 35 cm|
Drivers Side, Passengers Side