10 inch Offroad Electric Backing Plate
$135.00 inc GST
10-inch Offroad Electric Backing Plate Brake Assembly incl Park
10-inch offroad electric backing plate Assembly incl Park - Maximum rating 1600kg.
Premium backing plates are one of the best, most reliable brakes available. Additionally, they are made for Australian conditions.
Complete replacement of backing plates is often a better option than replacing worn components.
You may be unaware of other parts in your backing plate that are near the end of life. Replacing an entire backing plate is a relatively easy procedure.
This electric backing plate is used on slimline and parallel 10" brake drums.
Note: When installing it is important that the park brake is at the 12 o'clock position
Magnets for these backing plates.
- Off-Road Magnets. (left hand and right hand)
We recommend an off-road magnet if you plan to drive over corrugated roads for any length of time.
Four types of electric backing plates
- Standard - Horizontal Park Brake
- Off-road - Horizontal Park Brake
- Dexter Standard - non-genuine
- Dexter Off-road - non-genuine (note: Off-road Magnets installed by Couplemate as required)
It might surprise you to find out that not all 10-inch electric brake backing plates are the same. Inferior quality backing plates generate excess heat; as a result, they cause overheated bearings and grease.
Review a full list of electric brake parts below:
- 10-inch Electric Backing Plate
- 10 inch Dexter Off-road Backing Plates
- 12-inch Electric Backing Plate
- 12-inch Off-Road Electric Backing Plate
- Dexter 12-inch Aftermarket Electric Backing Plate
- 10″ Electric Brake Magnet
- 10 inch Off-Road Brake Magnet by Alko
- 12 inch Electric Brake Magnet
- 12 inch Off-Road Brake Magnet by Alko
What are the features?
- A quality 10-inch electric backing plate
- Suit highway or off-road 1450kg or 1600kg caravans
- Long haul braking.
- The right side is the driver's side.
- Install the electric park brake lever to the top.
The driver's side is the right-hand side. Parking brake levers installed on the bottom will be permanently engaged brakes in a forward motion.
Further, the shoes on electric brakes are not self-centring.
- The parking brake facing at noon ensures the shoes are parallel with two outcrops on the backing plate located at 3 and 9 o'clock.
- Tap the shoes into position until they are perfect.
Finally, use 4 x 7/16" UNF nuts to bolt the backing plate to the weld ring.
10-inch Electric Backing Plate Brake Kit
|Dimensions||10 × 30 × 30 cm|
Drivers Side, Passengers Side