No products in the cart
10-inch Dexter Aftermarket Electric Backing Plate
10-inch Dexter aftermarket electric backing plate drum brake assembly suits Couplemate, Al-ko and Dexter Drums.
Note: The use of a larger cable significantly reduces voltage loss and improves braking performance.
- Select from Highway or Off-Road magnets
- The left-hand side is the passenger’s side
- The right-hand side is the driver’s side
- Premium off-road electric drum brake kit has a 1600kg rating of per pair
- We recommend installing the hand brake mechanism on the TOP side of the backing plate. (noon)
Install 6mm to 10mm trailer cable for electric trailer brakes.
- 6mm Electric cable measures the cross-sectional area.
- 10mm Automotive cable measures the circumference.
Do not wire electric brakes across the axle. Install wiring down each chassis rail separately for the highest voltage or lower voltage losses.
Parking brake lever
- Al-ko model park brake is horizontal.
- Dexter's model park brake is vertical.
To resolve voltage drop, run electric cabling down each of the chassis rails.
A broad range of parts and accessories is available for this product.
- Replacement 10-inch Electric Brake Shoe
- Replacement Al-ko 10-inch Offroad Brake Magnet here.
- 10″ Dexter Electric Drum – (Genuine)
Review a full list of electric brake parts below:
- 10-inch Electric Backing Plate
- 12-inch Electric Backing Plate
- 12-inch Off-Road Electric Backing Plate
- Dexter 12-inch Aftermarket Electric Backing Plate
- 10-inch Electric Brake Magnet
- 10-inch Off-Road Brake Magnet
- 12-inch Electric Brake Magnet
- 12-inch Off-Road Brake Magnet
TIP: Sometimes it is easier to buy new 12-inch backing plates rather than replace worn 12″ brake shoes and brake magnets. Parts like magnet arms will also need replacing as will springs that hold the brake shoes.
|Dimensions||10 × 30 × 30 cm|
Right Hand, Left Hand
|Select Magnet Type|