12 inch Off-Road Brake Magnet by Alko
$84.50 inc GST
12 inch Electric Brake Magnets suit Dexter Brakes and Al-ko Brakes
12 inch off-road brake magnet are suited to all-electric brake systems except for older round magnet brake systems.
How to check magnet wear
- Check the four small holes on top of the magnet.
- These holes are warning indicators that display magnet wear.
- Extreme magnets wear if there are no holes or fewer than four holes.
- When the face of the magnet hole has worn, then it is time to replace the magnet.
- Wear holes are at 3 pm, 6 pm, 9 pm and 12.
- Magnets draw approximately 3.2 amps each
- Wires can be connected either positive or negative.
Once worn, copper begins to become exposed. Subsequently, an open electric circuit will render the brakes inoperable.
Review a full list of electric brake parts below:
- 10-inch Electric Backing Plate
- 10 inch Offroad Electric Backing Plate
- 12-inch Electric Backing Plate
- 12-inch Off-Road Electric Backing Plate
- Dexter 12-inch Aftermarket Electric Backing Plate
- 10″ Electric Brake Magnet
- 10 inch Off-Road Brake Magnet by Alko
- 12 inch Electric Brake Magnet
- Bed new magnets into position to achieve 100% braking efficiency.
- The magnet face is a shiny finish.
- This finish needs to be scuffed up during the initial stages of breaking before your magnets become 100% effective.
Electric OffRoad Magnet Kit
12-inch A-ko OffRoad electric brake magnet (genuine) to suit all AL-KO and some Dexter backing plates.
The lifespan for offroad magnets greatly exceeds the life cycle of standard offroad magnets.
The latest Al-ko IQ7 brake actuator uses an offroad magnet to increase the reliability within the brake actuation system.
Why do offroad magnets last longer?
- The steel magnet arm causes the steel magnet on a standard highway magnet to rattle causing wear.
- The plastic insert on the Al-ko off-road magnet prevents the same wear under the same conditions.
The 12-inch AL-KO OffRoad Electric Brake Magnet is designed and extensively tested for typically harsh Australian conditions. It has proven that it is durable, reliable and will not let you down even in the toughest terrain.
Difference between Highway and Offroad Magnets
- Electric Highway brake kit uses a magnet retaining clip to hold the magnet into position on the magnet arm.
- Off-Road Electric brake magnet uses a RUBBER BAND to hold the magnet into position on the magnet arm.
The rubber band breaks on first use and relies on the return spring to hold the magnet.
The left side and right side magnets are not interchangeable.
- The left-hand side is the passenger’s side
- The right-hand side is the driver's side
The purpose of the rubber band is to hold the magnet into position to allow drum installation onto the axle profile, then tighten.
If the magnet needs replacing or upgrading from a standard magnet, then it may be wise to replace the whole backing plate.
Electric Brake Magnet Comparison
The magnet in the third image was a standard magnet used on corrugated.
All 10-inch Al-ko OffRoad Electric Brake Magnet has a plastic insert that prevents the magnet arm from causing damage to the magnet from corrugated road vibrations. (Image 2).
As a result, AL-KO offroad magnets continue to show no wear tens of thousands of miles on corrugated roads.
Dexter 12" Brake Magnet
Dexter 12″ Magnet 2t suit left hand and right-hand dexter electric backing plates.
However, if you require 12" offroad Dexter Magnets, then you need to purchase the Alko offroad magnet and adjust your magnet arm to suit the magnet.
Also, AL-KO does not make 12" Dexter Offroad magnets.
Caravan Electric Brake Magnets
|Dimensions||3 × 5 × 10 cm|
Driver Side, Passengers Side