No products in the cart
12-inch Electric Backing Plate Brake Kit with optional Highway or Off-Road Magnets
12-inch electric backing plate drum brake assembly suits Al-ko, Dexter, and VC 2t and 3t caravan brake hub drums.
These robust backing plates are among the best, most reliable brakes available. Additionally, they are made for Australian caravans and campers.
Complete replacement of backing plates is often a better option than replacing worn components.
You may be unaware of other parts in your backing plate near the end of life. Replacing an entire backing plate is a relatively straightforward procedure.
TIP: In our opinion, it is a better investment to buy new 12-inch backing plates than to replace worn 12-inch brake shoes and brake magnets. Parts like magnet arms will also need replacing, as will springs that hold the brake shoes.
- Select from Highway or Off-Road magnets
- The left-hand side is the passenger's side
- The right-hand side is the driver's side
- Premium off-road electric drum brake kit has a 2,500kg rating per pair
- We recommend installing the hand brake mechanism on the TOP side of the backing plate. (noon)
Install Use 6mm to 10mm trailer cable for electric trailer brakes. Note: A larger cable significantly reduces voltage loss and improves braking performance.
- 6mm Electric cable measures the cross-sectional area.
- 10mm Automotive cable measures the circumference.
Do not wire electric brakes across the axle. Install wiring down each chassis rail separately to resolve voltage losses.
The wiring of caravan electric brakes made easy provides excellent information on tips and tricks.
Parking brake lever
- Al-ko model is horizontal.
- Dexter's model is vertical.
Why can't I run the electric cable across my axle?
Check the correct cable size for your installation
- Rundown each chassis rail = 6mtr @ 6.4 Amps per pair of magnets = 5.62mm cable size
- Run down the chassis trailer (inside) = 6 metre + 2 metre (8mtr) @ 6.4 Amps per pair of magnets = 7.5mm cable size
To resolve voltage drop, run electric cabling down each chassis rail.
Review a full list of electric brake parts below:
|Dimensions||10 × 35 × 35 cm|
Passengers Side, Drivers Side