50mm Override Coupling Zinc – Alko
$107.36 – $221.33 inc GST
50mm Override Coupling Zinc - 184mm x 54mm - Alko
50mm override coupling is used on 2t disc rotors and mechanical and hydraulic braking systems.
Hole Spacings 184mm x 54mm x 13.5mm
Trailers under 1000kg require a smaller internal spring.
Two override couplings are available below
- 1000kg Spring
- 2000kg spring
Al-ko 50mm override coupling complies with Australian Standards.
Override couplings suit the following hydraulic brake systems
- 3/4-inch Master Cylinder on a bracket for single axle trailers
- 7/8-inch Master Cylinder on a bracket for tandem axle trailers
- 1-inch Master Cylinder on a bracket for tri-axle trailers
- Hydraulic Master Cylinder Bracket
Be sure to buy a brass 3/16-inch adaptor to insert into the Master Cylinder. The 3/6-inch tube will have a flared end, and this needs to be fitted into an adaptor to seal the connection properly.
The adjustment nut on the head of the coupling is a 1/2-inch BSW thread. This nut prevents the coupling from jumping on the tow ball and creates and tight fit by removing slop that can occur through wear,
How to properly adjust trailer coupling nut
- Put pressure on the coupling head to firmly on the tow ball.
- Loosen the nut.
- Screw down the thread so that you can feel it touch the top of the tow ball.
- Now tighten the locking nut being careful not to unscrew the threaded screw.
Your coupling should now be tight and ready to tow.
Note: You will also require a parking brake lever and a cable kit or perhaps master cylinders.
Review more Al-ko coupling from the links below
|Dimensions||40 × 13 × 15 cm|